Makes 1 ½ cups
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed, skin removed
- 1 large bunch fresh coriander, washed well, roughly chopped
- 1 large red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 birds eye chilli (optional), roughly chopped
- 1 lemon zest
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 heaped tablespoon toasted mixed almonds and pinenuts
- smoked salt (to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
In a mortar and pestle, grind the garlic, coriander, chillies with a pinch of salt until pasty. Add the lemon zest and juice and nuts and continue grinding. Add the oil and parmesan, taste and adjust with extra salt if necessary.
If you are using a food processor, place all ingredients in the food processor except for the salt and blitz until the right consistency. Adjust taste with extra salt if necessary.
Serve with pasta, on crostinis or in a toasted chicken sandwich!