- Wash your wok in warm and lightly soapy water and dry with a tea towel.
- Soak a small piece of kitchen paper with neutral flavoured oil (vegetable, canola or rice bran) and wipe it all over the wok.
- Use a clean piece of kitchen paper and wipe down the wok removing all excess oil and leaving just a film of oil covering the wok.
- Place the wok over medium heat and burn for 15-20 minutes until the bottom of the wok blackens.
- Your wok is now ready to use.
- You many need to repeat this periodically when food starts to stick while cooking.